Prev: Re: Torpedoes Next: Re: Anime Missile Swarms?

Anime Missile Swarms?

From: "Mark A. Siefert" <cthulhu@c...>
Date: Fri, 9 Aug 1996 19:31:18 -0400
Subject: Anime Missile Swarms?

Hello fellow thrusters:

	I just saw a .AVI clip of a LotGH space battle (WOW!!!!  I HAVE
GOT TO
SEE THIS SERIES!!!).  I noticed that one of the favorite weapons of the
anime genre (next to lasers and mega-death weapons) are swarms of guided
(or unguided?) missiles.  The missile rules in FT don't seem to fulfill
this description (nither do the submunition packs).  So, doing a little
fiddiling with the fighter rules I came up with:

	THE ANIME-STYLE MISSLE SWARM!!!!
Created by Mark A. Siefert

Missile Swarm
Mass:  4
Points Cost: 10
Symbol: A circle with six arrows or dots inside.

	Like fighters, missile swarms come in groups of six.  They are a
single
shot weapons that travels 18 inches in any direction per turn during the
fighter/missile phase and launched during the missile phase.  They have
an endurance of two turns before they run out of fuel (not like fighter
that have an endurance of three "attacks").  When they come within 6
inches of a ship, there is a chance that some (or even all) of the
missiles could intercept the target ship.
	*DAF systems can destroy incoming missile in the same manner as
fighter.  Missile swarms can take damage as "normal" fighter groups.
After defense fire is resolved, the attacker roll D6 equal to the number
of missiles left in the swarm.	On a roll of 1-3 the missile misses or
are somehow ineffective, on a roll of 4-6 the missle causes 5 points of
damage.  Screens do not effect the missiles swarms.

	Of course, these rules are subject to change.  I want some ideas
and or
criticism before I come up with a final draft.

What do you think, sirs?

Later,
Mark

Prev: Re: Torpedoes Next: Re: Anime Missile Swarms?