Prev: Re: Star Wars Models ... Next: Re: Torpedoes

Re: Torpedoes

From: starwarsnut@j... (Paul A Neher)
Date: Fri, 9 Aug 1996 18:36:47 -0400
Subject: Re: Torpedoes

On Fri, 9 Aug 1996 18:50:39 +0000 JAMES BUTLER
<JAMESBUTLER@worldnet.att.net> writes:
>	 I have the same problem. Everyone wants to put a ton of A bats
>on EVERYTHING!! I don't want to put in a bunch of rules like "no more
>than x% of mass may be deployed as A-bats" or anything but I am sorely
>tempted. You want people to build balanced designs, something akin to
real navies
>but all they want is to find the game system's "super-weapon" then
equip
their
>entire fleet with as many of them as possible. What in the world do
>you do about this??

You have this problem even with equal point value games? True, 'a'
batteries are  the weapon of preference, but if you limit the point
value per side to the game, wee have found you run out QUICKLY! Also,
wee have seen while 'a' batteries are more preferable in combat, once
thresholds are suffered and you lose those precious 'a' batteries,
there's something to be said for the 3 'b' to 2 'a' ratio. Anyone
involved in a campaign would see that, especially when damage continues
from battle to battle unless repaired at space dock ...

Paul

Prev: Re: Star Wars Models ... Next: Re: Torpedoes