Prev: RE: Star Wars Models ... Next: Re: Cry from space (models)

Re: Star Wars Models ...

From: Oerjan Ohlson <f92-ooh@n...>
Date: Wed, 7 Aug 1996 17:22:58 -0400
Subject: Re: Star Wars Models ...

On Wed, 7 Aug 1996, Paul A Neher wrote:

> On Tue, 6 Aug 1996 19:52:40 +0200 (MET DST) Oerjan Ohlson
> <f92-ooh@nada.kth.se> writes:
>
> >Of course, I haven't seen any other fighter games, so I can't point
> >you at anything better :(

Hm. I must have been brain dead when I wrote the above lines. After all,

I own both Silent Death/Metal Express and Silent Death/TNM. SD is pretty

good, playing fast and having a fair amount of detail. I've converted
all
of the models to capital ships for use in FT, though.

Of course, sitting in front of a computer screen all night and working
during the days tend to have some negative effects on your memory :(

> I have played Silent Death (about the only other fighter game on the
> market I think), and of course Aerotech, but I don't think you can
> really count that one. But I have yet to find any other system that
> allows you the intricacies of space fighter jinking, looping, rolling,
> etc. than Star Warriors. It's ESPECIALLY cool when you play it with
the
> Star Wars snap-model kits on a LARGE area! Way cool!

I can imagine that...

However, the fact that you have to determine all those jinks, loops,
rolls etc for your ships before you can move... sort of put me off. For
me, fighter combat shouldn't be about planning beforehand - that's for
the big units! (Well, it was a few years since I played Star Fighters.
It
probably shows, but the above is my impression of it.)

Regards,

Oerjan Ohlson

( Snailmail: Ljuskarrsvagen 44N1, 133 31  Saltsjobaden, SWEDEN
     )
( Telephone: +46 - (0)8-7177891
     )
( Email: f92-ooh@nada.kth.se
     )
-------

Prev: RE: Star Wars Models ... Next: Re: Cry from space (models)