Prev: Re: GenCon Finalized? Next: Re: Star Wars Models ...

Re: SW v. Kurasowa

From: Aaron P Teske <Mithramuse+@C...>
Date: Tue, 6 Aug 1996 00:26:55 -0400
Subject: Re: SW v. Kurasowa

Excerpts from FT: 5-Aug-96 SW v. Kurasowa by RMMDC@jazz.ucc.uno.edu
> I'm not saying that Lucas' scripts are totally original--nothing is
> anymore, but I'm afraid that I must disagree that just because there
> are some plot similarities that his movie _must_ either be an homage
> or a rip-off.

Given that Lucas has *said* that he was strongly infuenced by The Hidden
Fortress, however, does tend to indicate it's something of a homage....
(I really don't consider it a rip-off, anyway.	It's too good a movie
for that.)

		    Aaron Teske
		    Mithramuse+@cmu.edu

Prev: Re: GenCon Finalized? Next: Re: Star Wars Models ...