Prev: Re: GenCon Finalized? Next: SW v. Kurasowa

Re: Star Wars Models ...

From: RMMDC@j...
Date: Mon, 5 Aug 1996 23:59:55 -0400
Subject: Re: Star Wars Models ...

joachim wrote:

"Most science fiction authors, from Tolkien on..."

Hey, Tolkien's great, but he ain't science fiction, he's fantasy.

Heck in a fantasy anything can happen.	In SciFi, however, I expect
some degree of realism.  You know, "science" ie. facts, not wishful
thinking.  Fantasy and Science Fiction are definitely two separate
genres.  Why do none of the bookstores understand this?  What I
absolutely can not stand is when Horror is mixed in too.  (shudder)
Why not just throw Westerns in, while you're at it?

Sorry, had to vent.  Please don't compare apples to oranges.  In other
words,	I can live with hobbits beating up on a group of men (a much
smaller and less-well equipped group by the way, so I'm not sure the
reference is valid in the first place), _but_ teddy bears with rocks
defeating armored, blaster-equipped men in a _Science_ Fiction movie
did grate on the nerves just a tad.

Out here.

	-monty

Prev: Re: GenCon Finalized? Next: SW v. Kurasowa