Prev: Re: Yamato: Why did I watch it? Next: Re: Traveller Ships

Re: Traveller Ships

From: Allan Goodall <agoodall@s...>
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 1996 19:06:55 -0400
Subject: Re: Traveller Ships

At 03:26 PM 7/29/96 BST, you wrote:
>BTW - What happened to GDW then - chapter 11? They used to have so many
interesting
>games - TW2000, Trav, Space 1889, Harpoon...

I don't think it was Chapter 11. My understanding is that they closed
down
the company voluntarily. There weren't a whole lot of employees left,
anyway. It's sad to see them go, but they weren't exactly a perfect
company
(they were particularly bad at playtesting). It looks like Gen Con might
be
the last hurrah for picking up GDW stuff.

Allan

Allan Goodall:	agoodall@sympatico.ca
 I'm riding high upon a deep depression.

Prev: Re: Yamato: Why did I watch it? Next: Re: Traveller Ships