Prev: Ablative Shields Next: Re: Yamato: Why did I watch it?

[Fwd: Yamato: Why did I watch it?]

From: "Mark A. Siefert" <cthulhu@c...>
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 1996 17:28:39 -0400
Subject: [Fwd: Yamato: Why did I watch it?]

I tried to sent this message yesterday.  For some reason I didn't get
through.

Mark
Last night while cruising the local video store, I swung by the
Anime section to see what I could find.  I was looking for
something in the "space war" genre in order to get my FULL THRUST
creative juices flowing.  After careful consideration of the titles I
decided to rent the japanese animated "classic" (who is doling out the
classic status) "Space Battleship Yamato."  After spending 158 minutes
of my short life watching this movie I came to a vital revelation:

	THIS THING REALLY SUCKS!!!!

	I can't tell what I thought was worse:	The chessy dialouge
(Maybe it just didn't translate into subtitles well.), the bad animation

(Its like "Speed Racer" only with starships.), or the insane plotline (A

starship built from the wreck of a WWII Japanese battleship?  That's one

way of taking nationalism one step too far.)  I don't know what the
Anime fans see in this thing.  "Akira" was good anime, "Robotech" was
good Americanized Anime, even "Voltron" was good Anime when compared to
this leaker.

	My next adventure into Anime will probably be the "Mobile Suit
Gundam" series (If I can find it on video.).  Before I blow another buck

and a half on something that could be terrible, can I get some
dime-store reviews.
	BTW I recieved a URL for FT conversion to Gundam capital ships
(the Mecha is considered fighters).  You can find it at:

	http://www.javanet.com/~scottd/Gundam/gun-ft.html

I plan on adding this URL to my page (along with some others) ASAP.

Later,
Mark

Prev: Ablative Shields Next: Re: Yamato: Why did I watch it?