Prev: Test Next: RE: What do your ships look like? (was: Minatures)

Re: Minatures

From: John Crimmins <johncrim@v...>
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 1996 01:42:26 -0400
Subject: Re: Minatures

>	This brings up another thing I've been meaning to ask from
people
>on this group. What sort of paint schemes do you people usually use on
>your ships?

	Actually, just tonight I came up with a reasonably effective
paint
scheme.  Easy, too, which means my ships might actually get done
sometime
soon....
	I'm painting a whole bunch of FSE ships, and I started by
priming
them in black.	I then drybrushed them with Ral Partha Grey (Which is a
VERY
light grey that covers remarkably well.  I reccommend the Partha paints
in
general; they're a good line.)	After that, I went back and picked out
the
raised panels in white.  After that, I did the engines in deep red,
brushed
them with a little bit of flourescent red, and that's that.  I still
have to
paint the base, and put decals on it, but that's all that's left.  My
NSL
ships are similar, except that I paint them with a panzer grey, drybrush
them with a medium grey (Partha Armor Grey), and then do the panels in
Partha Grey.  It's easy, and quick, and it actually looks good, I think.
 Of
course, I'm biased, but take it for what it's worth.
	For decals, by the way, there's a company called Beacon which
puts
out 1/285 sized lettering and numerals.  They are a perfect size for the
FTII ships, and they have a lot of colors available.

John Crimmins

Prev: Test Next: RE: What do your ships look like? (was: Minatures)