Prev: Re: What do your ships look like? (was: Minatures) Next: Test

Re: What do your ships look like? (was: Minatures)

From: RMMDC@j...
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 1996 18:39:58 -0400
Subject: Re: What do your ships look like? (was: Minatures)

Hey everybody!

About this ship-rotation-for-gravity thing:  I'm no physics guru,
but don't you run into problems trying to maneuver something that's
spinning?  That's the whole idea behind gyros, right?  If I'm
remembering this correctly, you have to do a whole lot of extra
work to turn a body that is spinning.

In other words, if your fleets aren't using the (currently)
imaginary physics of artificial gravity, they _will_ probably
have living quarters, at least, that are in a spinning section.
I do believe, however, that they spin would be taken off in
preparation for battle in order to facilate combat maneuvering.

Interesting rules idea:  if you wanted to run with this, any time
a ship is "surprised", it would be limited in its maneuvering
for a certain number of turns until it stopped the rotation.

Anyway, there's my $0.02.

Out here.

	-Monty

RMMDC@UNO.EDU

PS. Would the guy from here in New Orleans give me a call again.
I'm ready for a game and I can't find your number!

		828-7641   OR	page @ 540-6245

Prev: Re: What do your ships look like? (was: Minatures) Next: Test