Prev: Re: Minatures Next: Re: Minatures

Re: Minatures

From: "J. Scott Miller" <smiller@i...>
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 1996 09:22:55 -0400
Subject: Re: Minatures

Niko Mikkanen wrote:

>	  This brings up another thing I've been meaning to ask from
people
> on this group. What sort of paint schemes do you people usually use on
> your ships?
>	  As painting miniatures is the part of the hobby that I least
like
> (I'm into scratch-building and playing. Painting is something I have
to do
> between these two...), I've shortened the process to three easy steps:
> 1) base coat of dull grey. 2) black wash to give a ship some shadows
and
> a dirty, used look. 3) pick out the engine flames. Simple as that, and
> some of them happen to look pretty good. It's also very quick, so I
can
> do a few whenever I have the time after the base spray.
>
> /GNiko

Personally, I go for an "Antique Brass" look.  I use a copper/orange mix

for base coat, then apply a green wash.  Finish up with brass and gold
dry brush, paint the engine pods black (I don't paint the flame) and
voila.	I friend of mine borrowed some for a demo at Origins, so some
people might have seen them there.  If you did, tell me what you think.

Scott
smiller@iwaynet.net

Prev: Re: Minatures Next: Re: Minatures