Prev: Re: What do your ships look like? (was: Minatures) Next: Re: What do your ships look like?

Re: Minatures

From: Niko Mikkanen <creator@c...>
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 1996 06:27:08 +0300
Subject: Re: Minatures

> At 11:22 AM 7/23/96 -0500, Robert Crawford wrote:
>
> The only problem with them is that they are plastic, and as such they
take a
> bit of work for the paint to adhere.
>
> Allan
>
> Allan Goodall:  agoodall@sympatico.ca

You do give them a base coat, don't you? I've noticed that plastic minis

always require a nase coating before the actual paint. Also, it might be

a good idea to wash/soak them in warm water with some dish-washing
liquid. This helps to get rid of possible residue of the stuff they use
in the molds to keep the plastic from sticking.
	This brings up another thing I've been meaning to ask from
people
on this group. What sort of paint schemes do you people usually use on
your ships?
	As painting miniatures is the part of the hobby that I least
like
(I'm into scratch-building and playing. Painting is something I have to
do
between these two...), I've shortened the process to three easy steps:
1) base coat of dull grey. 2) black wash to give a ship some shadows and

a dirty, used look. 3) pick out the engine flames. Simple as that, and
some of them happen to look pretty good. It's also very quick, so I can
do a few whenever I have the time after the base spray.

/GNiko

Prev: Re: What do your ships look like? (was: Minatures) Next: Re: What do your ships look like?