Prev: Re: What do your ships look like? Next: Re: What do your ships look like? (was: Minatures)

RE: Minatures

From: Allan Goodall <agoodall@s...>
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 1996 23:01:58 -0400
Subject: RE: Minatures

At 11:22 AM 7/23/96 -0500, Robert Crawford wrote:

>	What are some good materials for scratch-building? I've been
>tempted to try my hand at it, but most of my inspiration has been to
>raid aircraft models for their missiles, fuel pods, etc.

One set of things that I'm trying, though I haven't done too much with
them,
are "spacers" and other plastic clips used in construction and wiring. I
bought them for about 10 cents each at a local surplus store. These
things
look great. They have a round end with a hole for a screw or bolt that
looks
like an engine outlet. The centres are "hollow" (that is, you can see
through them) but they can be sealed with putty. If I turn them
sideways,
they look like tall, thin capital ships. If I mount them "flat" they
would
make great fighters for Silent Death.

The only problem with them is that they are plastic, and as such they
take a
bit of work for the paint to adhere.

Allan

Allan Goodall:	agoodall@sympatico.ca
 I'm riding high upon a deep depression.

Prev: Re: What do your ships look like? Next: Re: What do your ships look like? (was: Minatures)