Prev: Re: Minatures Next: RE: Minatures

Re: Aliens in DSII/SGII

From: Kelvin <kx.henderson@q...>
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 1996 21:09:32 -0400
Subject: Re: Aliens in DSII/SGII

> >I was wondering if anyone had come up with some decent rules for
using
> >aliens (e.g.- Kra'Vak & Sa'Vaasku) in Dirtside II and/or Stargrunt
II?

> >Also, does anyone know if there are going to be supplements for
either (or
> >both) of the above?	Just curious.
> >

> Yes, there is going to be a supplement for SG2 called "Bugs Don't
Surf" (at
> least, that's the working title!).
>
> I've been kicking around some rules for aliens using my Genestealer
and
> Tyranid models.  They aren't really playtested yet, but I can send
them to
> you if you want.  I'm trying to set up some solitaire rules for them
(the
> semi-mindless bugs attacking ad hoc colonial defense).
>
> Really, there isn't a lot of "alien" feel involved.  Where you would
get
> alien behavior would be the morale and leadership rules.  The rest of
it
> can be fudged in normal numbers.  For example, here's one of my
aliens:

> "Attacker"
>
> 6 limbed, this creature runs on the hind pair.  The middle pair have
> manipulative hands, but this creature has never been observed using
any
> artifacts.  Apparently, these hands are only used to grip their
victims.
> The upper pair end in large, 3-bladed claws.
>
> Speed: 8" (combat move is 12 + 1d6")
> Armor: d8 (tough hide and carapace)
> Troop Quality: Veteran
> Unit Size: 4 to 6
> Special: = no ranged weapons
>	   = gets 1 die shift up in close combat for claws
>	   = causes terror in close combat
>
> Bugs don't have medics - if wounded roll quality die:
> 1-4 Bug dies from wounds, or is injured badly enough to be terminated
> 5+ Bug only lightly wounded, place Suppression marker on unit, but
model is
> otherwise unaffected
>
> Bugs don't have leaders (well, they do, but not all the time).  Use a
"2"
> chit for their rating, and there is not a detectable leader in the
group.
> They suffer no penalties for a killed leader.  They cannot take
leadership
> type actions, except removing suppression or rallying themselves.
>
> Attacker bugs always move towards the closest perceived enemy.  They
will
> try to stay in cover, but must move towards enemy.  If within 20",
they
> declare a close assault and charge.
>
> How's that?

Prettry good thanks John.  I'll give it a try.

> Let me know if you are interested in the rest...  Also, check the
archives,
> Andrew Cowell sent out some rules for using the original Kryomek
models in
> SG2.

Where are the Archives if someone would be kind enough to let me know!

Thanks in advance.

-Kelvin.....

   "What are you all ducking for!?!  They couldn't even
	   hit an elephant at that ran...(THUD!)."
    - Last words of Lieutenant John Weirtz, G Company

Prev: Re: Minatures Next: RE: Minatures