Prev: Re: Minatures Next: RE: Minatures

Re: DSII scenario

From: WENMESS@a...
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 1996 00:57:18 -0400
Subject: Re: DSII scenario

<<Just watched 'A Bridge Too Far' last night (again) & was trying to
think of
 a way to run this in DSII. I would think some sort of campaign setting
 would be needed, but the scale of DSII seems wrong. At 1:1 you would
 need a boat-load of mini's - maybe 1:5 or so (one mini per platoon)?

 Any thoughts?

 Drue (wasting time and getting paid for it)>>

Back in 1994, a group of central Illinois gamers ran the whole of Market
Garden using GDW's Command Decision ruleset. The reduction used was
approx
1:9, so divisions were scaled to reinforced batallions. The OB for a
panzer
division (in generic terms) ran roughly as follows:

HQ - APC, supply vehicle, command platoon, small soft vehicle.
Recon Co. - Small APC, recon platoon, recon platoon on motorcycles.
AT Co. - Med. ATG, soft transport for same, supply vehicle, med. tank
destoyer.
Engineer Co. - 2 engineer platoons.
Tank Co. - 2 Med. MBTs, 2 heavy MBTs.
Armored Inf. Co - 3 APCs, 2 with infantry, 1 with support wpns, 1 IFV.
Infantry Co. - 2 infantry, 1 inf. with support wpns, 1 inf. with AT
wpns, all
with soft transport.
Heavy Co. - Towed 12cm mortar, towed light AA, soft transport.
Attached AAA Co. - 2 soft SP light AA.
Attached Arty. Battery - 1 med unit.

I haven't played enough to judge how DSII command and control would
effect
this organization, but on a figures per unit basis, it's certainly
do-able.
With a map (and OBs) stripped from a boardgame, you could have
Lift-Panzers
counterattacking infantry LZ's established from orbit in nothing flat!

I may have to give this one a try myself! ;-)

Mike Messenger
wenmess@aol.com

Prev: Re: Minatures Next: RE: Minatures