Prev: Re: Traveller Next: Re: More fighters + (real) Java Space Dock!

RE: More fighters + (real) Java Space Dock!

From: Adam Delafield <A.Delafield@b...>
Date: Fri, 19 Jul 1996 09:54:23 -0400
Subject: RE: More fighters + (real) Java Space Dock!

Date sent:  19-JUL-1996 14:47:57

>  Hiya y'all.	It's time for my next question about fighters.	I don't
>think this is really covered by the rules, so I'm mostly just
>wondering what you do in your campaigns.  There are a bunch of
>different types of fighters: regular, fast, heavy, interceptor,
>attack, diet, long-range, torpedo.  My question is whether you combine
>these fighter types and if so, what do you allow and what not?

We always play with 'basic' types, not mix and match.

>  Also I'd like to advertize the existance of my Java Space Dock
>(http://sidehack.gweep.net/~joachim/fullthrust/dock.html).

I'll check that out later. Unfortunately Real Life has intruded upon
my gaming time. (don't you just hate it when that happens? 8-) )

>  Say, that brings up a third point.  If I always round up the amount
>of mass I can use for systems (again, this is mentioned in FT in their
>discussion of non-FTL ships), why don't all of my ships have odd
>masses one point below the normal mass.  Why ever build a mass 36
>ship when a mass 35 ship can hold just as much stuff?	This is a real
>difficulty for my gaming group because we're building our own fleets
>and this seems like one of those rules loopholes that makes everybody
>add some (almost) useless optimization to stay ahead of the game.
>Argh.	I hate that.

OK. two options.

1.) Round up equipment and round down damage.

2.) Round down equipment and round up damage.

Provided damage + equipment = mass, I don't think it matters.

Easy 8-)

| Adam Delafield, I.T. Officer	      | Bolton Institute,  |
|				      | Eagle Tower,	   |
| E-mail : ad4@Bolton.ac.uk	      | College Way,	   |
| Phone  : +44 1204 528851 (ext 3163) | Bolton, UK.	   |
| Fax	 : +44 1204 399074	      | BL3 5AE.	   |

Prev: Re: Traveller Next: Re: More fighters + (real) Java Space Dock!