Prev: Find your dress e-uniform, everyone... Next: Re: Starting a Demo?

Yet another con...

From: Niko Mikkanen <creator@c...>
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 1996 08:53:25 +0300
Subject: Yet another con...

Where's me brains... I've completely forgotten there might be some
(weird
and twisted) individuals who actually like to go to different cons...

	So here goes:

	RoPeCon -96 is the biggest role-paying event in Finland. It has
been held twice before, and the popularity of the event has skyrocketed
(well, we doubled the number of visitors last year from the year
before... My sister brought her boyfriend! Seriously, though:), and the
daily number of attendees reached an average of some 1000 (estimated. We

didn't sell the tickets). This, year, we're back, bigger and badd... er
better than ever!
	What's there:
		-Role-playing games (of course)
		-Card games (sigh)
		-Tom Dowd (FASA: Battletech, Shadowrun)
		-Andy Chambers (GW. Say no more)
		-Miniature games
		-Other paraphenalia (sp?)
		-more info on the subject from
http://www.hut.fi/¨ropecon/
		2nd to 4th of August

	The main reason I brought this up is because there will be a
space- battle running practically the whole weekend, run by me and at
least two other guys. We'll play a few scenarios, and possibly a few
battles from a campaign we're playing, if any turn out to be intersting
enough. The game-system is a home-cooked simple system, and maybe, just
maybe (if I have time to finish the rules), will be accompanied by a
connected ground-combat system, so there will be a space-battle raging
while ground forces clash below.
	There is a free/dirt cheap lodging available during the con
(some
youth center is at our disposal...whatever that means), and it might be
change to visit our beautiful country (yesterday it rained two thirds of

the average rainfall of July, so it shouldn't rain this month again,
right? To be honest, it has been the worst summer for as long as I can
remember), if only the capital (where everything is closed anyway for
the
weekend, i not for the summer holidays...)
	As said, see the www page if you happen to be interested. It's
nine AM here and I'm about to go to bed after a nightshift, so I'll just

cut the story short and ask anyone interested to see the www-page.
g'night, mateys!

Prev: Find your dress e-uniform, everyone... Next: Re: Starting a Demo?