Prev: Re: Starting a Demo? Next: BG minis?

Re: Those annoying aliens...

From: Mike Miserendino <phddms1@c...>
Date: Mon, 1 Jul 1996 18:23:44 -0400
Subject: Re: Those annoying aliens...

Robert M. Line	wrote:
>	 I know this sounds simplistic but the way I have been thinking
of
>balancing out the Kra'vack MDs is give screens a defensive bonuses
against
>them.	I worked it out like this, for every level of screen that the
target
>ship has subtract one from the rail guns to hit role.	This makes mass
>drives effective only at closer ranges and gives the humans a chance to
get
>their licks in first.	The PSBS reason that I gave to justify it is
that
>screens are localized masking systems that make it harder for a ship to
be
>targeted rather than energy fields that block shots.  The higher the
ships
>screen rating the less like the chances of that ship taking a hit
become.

If you use this would it not affect all firecon systems, since the
firecon
is generic and used by a variety of weapon systems?  Maybe the EMR from
the
shields only affects Kra'vak firecons since they are probably not as
knowledgeable on energy weapon systems while the humans may have
overcome
this long ago.

You can also take an approach using Black Globe generators as screens,
as we
discussed some time ago, that literally suck all EMR into onboard
capacitors
making ships quite to difficult to hit let alone detect.

Mike Miserendino

Prev: Re: Starting a Demo? Next: BG minis?