Prev: Re: Starting a Demo? Next: Battlestar Galactica (was Re: New FT Gamer (long))

RE: New FT Gamer (long)

From: Mike Miserendino <phddms1@c...>
Date: Mon, 1 Jul 1996 14:39:26 -0400
Subject: RE: New FT Gamer (long)

Tom Granvold wrote:
:
>Here is my guess on the forces:
>Battlestars (superships of 150 mass)
>
>Pegasus:
>Thrust factor 2 and FTL capable
>Level-3 shields
>4 dual-arc A beams (2 pf, 2 sf)
>4 tri-arc B beams
>6 PDAF (due to reliance on fighter based combat)
>2 missiles
>6 fighter groups (all have ace)

Here's some ideas...

>From what I remember about the show, the battlestars had only one main
type
of energy weapon system.  The system had several batteries which were
made
up of two dual-gun turrets each.  (In several episodes they showed a
close-up of the battery activation with several switches thrown,
probably
representing one battery each.)  The batteries served as both point
defense
and anti-ship with severly limited range.  It would seem they would be
best
represented by several C batteries to represent the dual role and
limited range.

Another espisode they used some sort of energy projection to protect a
planet from an Eastern Alliance missile salvo.	Maybe allow a large
body(up
to planet size) shield protection from the combined firing of all
onboard
batteries in one direction(between the attacker and the target) acting
as a
large assortment of area defense weapons using the same rules for area
defense.

As for missiles, I thought they fired off quite a volley at the
basestars in
the episode mentioned.	Maybe a combination of missiles and submunition
packs would be appropriate.

I don't remember any ships having shields except for maybe blast doors.

All in all, the large ships in this universe seem to operate more as
carriers than direct combat vessels.

I like your ideas for the initial fiasco and will try it out sometime.
I'm
still trying to find these miniatures.

Mike Miserendino

Prev: Re: Starting a Demo? Next: Battlestar Galactica (was Re: New FT Gamer (long))