Prev: Re: Dave Hyde Sci-Fi Supply Next: Re: Those annoying aliens...

Re: New FT Gamer

From: Niko Mikkanen <creator@c...>
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 1996 18:50:13 -0400
Subject: Re: New FT Gamer

> Date sent:  26-JUN-1996 13:40:05
>
> The Star Trek ones tend to be one V one. Try 'The Wrath of Khan', with
> a Light Cruiser Vs a Heavy Cruiser, But the Heavy Cruiser cann't
manouver
> or fire untill after the Light Cruiser has either passed it or fired
upon
> it. (Or the second encounter, with the heavy cruiser already badly
damaged)
> Three Klingon Cruisers V a battledreadnaught with a SMNC?
> The Defiant (An advanced Heavy Cruiser?) vs an upgraded Excelsior
> class battlecruiser.

... I tend to call them "battles" only when there are several sjships
involved, anyway. One-on-one is just that.

> Unfortunately, most ST battles end with an incredablt cheezy 'look
what
> I just invented' kind of ending, where the heroes suddenly discover
> some crippling weakness in the enemy in the last five minutes of the
> program.

> | Adam Delafield, I.T. Officer	| Bolton Institute,  |

Or they invent a new, nifty manouver (sp?), which usually consists of
something as radical as moving your ship in the battle (the "Picard
Manouver"), or taking enemy's movement in account when shooting at them
(the "Riker Manouver?")... Brilliant... Not.

Prev: Re: Dave Hyde Sci-Fi Supply Next: Re: Those annoying aliens...