Prev: HOTT (was Re: New FT Gamer) Next: RE: HOTT (was Re: New FT Gamer)

RE: HOTT (was Re: New FT Gamer)

From: Oerjan Ohlson <f92-ooh@n...>
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 1996 10:53:27 -0400
Subject: RE: HOTT (was Re: New FT Gamer)

On Wed, 26 Jun 1996, Absolutely Barking Stars wrote:

> > >What does HOTT stand for?	[Oops!	Dangling preposition!  I meant
to say "For
> > >what does HOTT stand?"]
> > Hordes of the Things. It's a WRG attempt at a Fantasy Wargames
system.
> Really? I remember an old BBC radio thing called 'Horde of the
> things'. Sort of 'Hitchikers Guide to the Lord Of The Rings' if you
> get my drift. Any relation? Heck, I may even have a tape of it
> somewhere...

It certainly has - that's where the authors got the title from.

As for Tolkien - well, the book doesn't include any Middle-Earth army
lists since the Tolkien estate wouldn't like that; but on the inside
cover there is a poem which, in a subtle way <g>, hints in that
direction...

As for 'attempt' - it is the only fantasy battle system I've seen so far

which allows for a battle with more than some two hundred people per
side - and where a hero can actually be killed by lesser beings. It's
sort of an FT type of game for fantasy battles.

Oerjan Ohlson

( Snailmail: Ljuskarrsvagen 44N1, 133 31  Saltsjobaden, SWEDEN
     )
( Telephone: +46 - (0)8-7177891
     )
( Email: f92-ooh@nada.kth.se
     )
-------

Prev: HOTT (was Re: New FT Gamer) Next: RE: HOTT (was Re: New FT Gamer)