Prev: Why do I keep recommending FT... Part 2 Next: B5: Severed Dreams, WAS Re: New FT Gamer

Re: New FT Gamer

From: Adam Delafield <A.Delafield@b...>
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 1996 08:51:17 -0400
Subject: Re: New FT Gamer

Date sent:  26-JUN-1996 13:40:05

>	All I can come up with are the SW battles, and some obscure
thing
>with a Really Huge (tm) ship fighting against goodie-goodie bounty
>hunter/mercenary- people... In the beginning of the movie this ship
>enslaves a planet, and to get the point across, snipers (!) fire at the

>crowd standing on the streets of the capital, killing the girlfriend of

>the hero of the movie (big surprise!). One of the bounty hunters is
>cowboy-kind of guy, who collides with one of the engines of the giant
>ship... Kinda vague, but it's been years and it wasn't a very good
movie...

Battle Beyond the Stars. And he gets another Girlfreind before the end.

Eeek! I remembered it.

>	Any others?

The Star Trek ones tend to be one V one. Try 'The Wrath of Khan', with
a Light Cruiser Vs a Heavy Cruiser, But the Heavy Cruiser cann't
manouver
or fire untill after the Light Cruiser has either passed it or fired
upon
it. (Or the second encounter, with the heavy cruiser already badly
damaged)

Three Klingon Cruisers V a battledreadnaught with a SMNC?

The Defiant (An advanced Heavy Cruiser?) vs an upgraded Excelsior
class battlecruiser.

Unfortunately, most ST battles end with an incredablt cheezy 'look what
I just invented' kind of ending, where the heroes suddenly discover
some crippling weakness in the enemy in the last five minutes of the
program.

| Adam Delafield, I.T. Officer	      | Bolton Institute,  |
|				      | Eagle Tower,	   |
| E-mail : ad4@Bolton.ac.uk	      | College Way,	   |
| Phone  : +44 1204 528851 (ext 3163) | Bolton, UK.	   |
| Fax	 : +44 1204 399074	      | BL3 5AE.	   |

Prev: Why do I keep recommending FT... Part 2 Next: B5: Severed Dreams, WAS Re: New FT Gamer