Prev: August FT Game is Full Next: Re: GZG Prices

Re: Call for Players- New FT

From: aebrain@d... (Alan E Brain)
Date: Sat, 22 Jun 1996 09:27:28 -0400
Subject: Re: Call for Players- New FT

>Not sure I'd give him a 10 for strategy. Attacking those two British
fishing
>boats was bad enough, but they compounded it by refusing to apologize
>Britain. The resulting mess closed a lot of neutral ports that would
have
>gone a fair way to lifting morale. On the other hand, just moving the
entire
>fleet from one hemisphere to another was quite an achievement.

In 1980, Secret Cabinet documents released after the 75-year review were
quietly made public.

Two Japanese Torpedo boat tenders and a dozen or so Torpedo boats made
an
unsuccessful attack at that time. This was known to the British. From
what I
can recall, an even less successful attack was made off Suez on a small
party of Russian vessels later, by a different group.

The Brits ACCURATELY realised in 1980 that no-one except a few military
historians would care about the Dogger Bank Incident. It was a one-liner
on
page 150 of the few papers that carried it. But it IS there, in the
public
libraries.

I speculate that the Russians were completely sure that they had been
attacked, and were completely sure the Brits knew about it (how could
they
not?). Yet could not prove it. An attempt to do so might just be enough
make it a Causus Belli ... or the threat to reveal such a proof might be
the
reason why the Brits didn't strike at France's Ally. But I guess I'll
have
to wait till 2005, when the next review of 1905's MOST SECRET - CABINET
IN
CONFIDENCE materiel occurs.

-------------------------      <> <>   How doth the little Crocodile
| Alan & Carmel Brain	|      xxxxx		   Improve his shining
tail?
| Canberra Australia	|  xxxxxHxHxxxxxx _MMMMMMMMM_MMMMMMMMM	By
pulling
------------------------- o OO*O^^^^O*OO o oo	  oo oo     oo	Maerklin
Wagons
								In 1/220
Scale

Prev: August FT Game is Full Next: Re: GZG Prices