Prev: Re: Space Fleet: Would Like "White Dwarf" Articles.... Next: Re: GW UK Price List?

Re: Excel Spreadsheets for Full Thrust

From: M.J.Elliott@u...
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 1996 09:58:26 -0400
Subject: Re: Excel Spreadsheets for Full Thrust

>Hiya
>I can probably help with the problem of getting binary-format files
>through e-mail, but I need to know what kind of access you have.

I have just sent an email asking for help on this but I'll answer your
specific quuestions:

>Do you have:
>1) A Unix shell account, and the ability to use telnet to access your
files?

Yes, but none of the servers are connected to Internet, so that won't
help
at all.

>2) A way to use FTP (file transfer protocol)?

Yes, I can run FTP on my PC, which is on a network that _is_ connected
Internet (somehow, don't ask me how - all I know is that I can run
Netscape
on my PC and get to anywhere, so I guess I can do likewise with FTP).

>3) An Apple Macintosh or an IBM PC-compatible or something else?

I use an IBM PC-compatible.

>4) What is the name of the program you use to read and send e-mail?

CC:Mail

>5) Do you connect with a modem?  If so, what is the name of the program

>that you use to make it work?

No, via a corporate network.