Prev: Re: DSII & SGII: Looking for info on Jerry Pournelle's Saurons Next: Re: RE: DSII & SGII: Looking for info on Jerry Pournelle's Saurons

Re: DSII & SGII: Looking for info on Jerry Pournelle's Saurons

From: schirmer@f...
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 1996 11:42:23 -0400
Subject: Re: DSII & SGII: Looking for info on Jerry Pournelle's Saurons

Nils,

>What other books are the
>Sauron's in?  I've searched the internet for "Saurons" & only found 1
>reference to them.  Does anyone have suggestions how to model their
>forces in DSII & SGII?

The Sauron appear in the War World anthologies, including Invasion,
Sauron Dominion, Death's Head Rebellion, CoDominium: Revolt on War
World,
and maybe others that I can't recall off the top of my head, and also in
the
War World novels Blood Feuds and Blood Vengeance.  Pournelle is the
editor
of the anthologies and I think he's a coauthor of the novels.  If you're
looking
for stories that show Sauron capabilities at the height of their power,
there
are a few that are well worth reading in the anthologies.  Most of the
stories,
however, deal with the Sauron on Haven after the collapse of
interstellar
civilization so the tech level is somewhat low - perhaps not what you're
looking for in a DS2 conversion.

Robert Schirmer
schirmer@focus.msc.cornell.edu