Prev: Re: Space Fleet: Thanks... Next: Re: No more....

Re: Metal mania

From: "Stephen Kerr" <stephen_kerr@r...>
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 1996 23:40:28 -0400
Subject: Re: Metal mania

		      RE>Metal mania
13/6/96

G'day,

I have just finished building a "hienz variety" carrier with a NAC
flight deck and ESU(?) Battleship front end and bridge(used as rear half
of the TCS Baked beans & Spegetti). I cut a Kravak cruiser in half and
used it for engine pods, best use I found for em yet!!! I supplimented
the model with 4 small 1-gun turrets (origin unknown) protecting the
flight deck (upper side) and a med (DS2?)turret with offcentre gun as a
torp tube under the front of the flight deck and a DS2 twin gun turret
as the main armament mounted on the under (non-landing) side.  A couple
of wing/fins (DS2 fighter?) were applied to the base of the bridge
prjecting backwards and upwards at 30degrees mounted above/on the
opposite side to the engine pods.

It looks great, but it also raised the question "Why doesn't some-one
(hint) develop a modular ship design system" so you could take all sorts
of buts and throw them together and create a large variety of ships?
All it would take is a standard joining system, where the
pins/flanges/flat bits are of a consistant size/shape.	Sort of like a
metal space lego, but without the knobs on ;-).

Basically you could take a hull section, engine pods, bridge, turrets
etc. and put them together and have a unique ship!!!  Think of the
marketing opportunities!!

Anyway, I'll just button down and wait for the replies.... ;-)

See you round

Steve Kerr

Prev: Re: Space Fleet: Thanks... Next: Re: No more....