Prev: Re: Wartime references for Aliens Next: Re: About easy Mech rules....

Re: FT: FB2 Preview - Obi Wan Tuffley

From: Los <los@c...>
Date: Tue, 02 Jan 1996 13:15:19 -0500
Subject: Re: FT: FB2 Preview - Obi Wan Tuffley

Thomas Anderson wrote:

> > You inflicted that abomination on yourself _again_? The book's OK
but that
> > movie...

I hate to reopen this old scab but I have some interesting observations.
I've
seen the movie erroneously titled Starship Troopers a number of times
with a
number of people.  I've noticed that average Joe's and Janes who aren't
particulary into SF like it a lot better than those that are.

I do love the effects and I think it has an outstanding soundtrack even
if there
is no way to turn down the inane dialogue. Plus I think if you cut and
paste the
whole scene where the platoon moves through the valley, enters the base,
then
gets swarmed by the bug attack into a seperate reel then you have an
excellent
stand alone short film.

Los

Prev: Re: Wartime references for Aliens Next: Re: About easy Mech rules....