Prev: RE: RE: OFFICIAL - GZG: More re Heads-Up on Summer Offer…. Next: OFFICIAL - GZG: More re Heads-Up on Summer Offer…. Sale now LIVE!

Re: Movies

From: aebrain@a...
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 101 01:39:50 GMT
Subject: Re: Movies

> I'm looking for a) movies
> that it's reasonably likely my local video shop may have; and b) films
> which are either good SF and/or useful background for wargamers.
>
> For example:	Saving Pvt Ryan; Aliens; Predator.
>
> Suggestions?

Wargaming good for FT:

Das Boot(Director's cut on DVD if you can, in German with subtitles is
best) -
this is definitely rated Mature Audiences Only.
followed by...
The Cruel Sea (in glorious B&W)

Tora!Tora!Tora! is a great movie for seeing the effects of strategic
surprise,
and vastly better than the recent Pearl Harbor crap.

Midway - adequate, but historically good.

apart from that, some of the better documentaries.

This message was sent using the AustarMetro Internet Web Mail System.
http://www.austarmetro.com.au/