Prev: Re: [FT] WotW #8 Gatling Battery & Gatling Phaser Next: Re: Sensors - War Stories

Re: RE: [FT] Simultaneous Fire

From: aebrain@a...
Date: Mon, 28 May 101 23:39:40 GMT
Subject: Re: RE: [FT] Simultaneous Fire

> From: Oerjan Ohlson <oerjan.ohlson@telia.com>

> >The reason the sensors and ECM rules aren't in FB1 or FB2 is that
they're
> >scheduled to get about as big a re-write as the ship design system
> >itself... it's just that they haven't yet been re-written :-/
> >
> >Regards,
> >Oerjan
>

> May I ask your source for this info?

HINT: Have a squizz at the credits on FB1 and FB2.

Oejan's the Chief Number Cruncher for a bloke called Tuffley.

OO and I have had a number of disagreements over play balance
in the past, and no doubt will do so in the future. But when
it comes to the numbers, he's the man. And if he and I ever
do agree on anything - which happens, not often, but it happens,
then even John Tuffley (may his Tribe increase) listens.

A very good man to have on any design team, be it for games or
things that go woosh or bang. (I'm working on the woosh rather
than the bang at the moment, a space project and loving it!)

Anyway a number of options are being examined for the new sensor
and ECM rules, by a number of people spread throughout the world.
I like simple. The KISS principle (Keep It Simple, Stupid!). The
thing is, not to break any existing designs, keep it all play
balanced, but most of all, make it fun.

I have no idea what JT's schedule is. I suspect he doesn't either.
The DS2/SG people have been waiting VERY patiently for Bugs Don't
Surf, but the FT crowd would really like to see either FB3 (with
Islamic Fed, OU, UN etc) or FT3. This is a huge amount of work for
any small publisher, artwork etc takes ages. So even when all the
proposals by various people have been brought forward, thrashed
out, playtested, and JT's made the decision on which (if any) to use
either in whole or in part, it still can take a long
time.

This message was sent using the AustarMetro Internet Web Mail System.

Prev: Re: [FT] WotW #8 Gatling Battery & Gatling Phaser Next: Re: Sensors - War Stories