Prev: RE: OFFICIAL - GZG, an important news update…… Next: Re: OFFICIAL - GZG, an important news update……

Re: OFFICIAL - GZG, an important news update……

From: Phillip Atcliffe <atcliffe@n...>
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 2016 21:57:31 +0000
Subject: Re: OFFICIAL - GZG, an important news update……

On 15/02/2016 18:16, Jon Tuffley wrote:
> Reminds me of the joke about the guy who prayed one Sunday in Church
> for God to help him win the lottery - he didn't win, of course, so
> next Sunday he prayed harder still, and so on for several weeks - in
> the end, he's getting angry and the next Sunday he cries "God, I've
> asked you for weeks now to make sure I win the lottery, why haven't
> you answered my prayers???" This time, God's voice booms down to him:
> "At least meet me halfway, and BUY A TICKET….." :-) Jon (GZG)
I remember Dave Allen doing that one, only it was Premium Bonds, not
lottery tickets. <g>

I'm another sympathiser, Jon, though in my case it happened almost 40
years ago. I was at work (first full-time job) when I got a phone call
sayong that my mother had died. I had to go tell my boss, who was in a
meeting with several other people, what had happened and that I was
leaving to go to the hospital. My dad had died the year before, so I was

sort of used to it, if that isn't a bizarrely black-humourish way to put

it. Anyway, like many others here and elsewhere, I understand what it's
like as much as anyone can, and would send whatever good vibes your way
in support if I knew how to do it <g>. You do what you need to do, and
we'll look forward to your return. Life goes on, as will you once all
the immediate hassle is past.

Take care,

Phil
----
"Let a smile be your umbrella and you'll end up with a mouthful of wet
teeth."
   -- Louise Kurnan, /Chicago Tribune Magazine/
Quoted by Phil Atcliffe (atcliffe[at]ntlworld[dot]com), who rather
thinks teeth are usually wet anyway...

Prev: RE: OFFICIAL - GZG, an important news update…… Next: Re: OFFICIAL - GZG, an important news update……