Prev: Re: brief Fall In convention AAR Next: Re: brief Fall In convention AAR

RE: brief Fall In convention AAR

From: Douglas Evans <devans@n...>
Date: Mon, 9 Nov 2015 09:21:21 +0000
Subject: RE: brief Fall In convention AAR

Indy:
Firecons. I'm all good with how they are written. But there are
(apparently, as I have now learned) some folks who feel they are too
restrictive. "If you have two firecons on a ship, and five weapons, you
can only shoot at two ships?!? You can't shoot at five different
targets?? Why not? That doesn't make any kind of sense." This is where
they are coming from.
****
Understandable, I suppose, as everyone I know is running around with a
phone that has more smarts than most computers when FT started.

Has anyone tried combo weapon/firecon pointing? I know I’ve heard the
same complaint, and I figure it should cost less than one weapon, one
firecon, or maybe the same as it has the advantage of a single threshold
roll, but starts REALLY getting costly the more weapons you have?
“Here’s your multi-fire wonder. Yeah? I guess it IS a lot of
points…”
Or, a cheaper multi-target firecon? Should be a bit cheaper; one damn
bad threshold roll…
Or ‘this isn’t a B-17 with a gunner pointing a simple damn 50 cal at
things a few tens of metres away. Oh, and mostly missing…”
Sorry, idle thought of a Monday O-dark-early start of a 12 hour shift.
Tell me if you’ve heard this one: I’m getting too damn old for this
sh…
Doug

Prev: Re: brief Fall In convention AAR Next: Re: brief Fall In convention AAR