Prev: Re: FT3 DEVELOPMENT QUESTION: FTL Next: Re: FT3 DEVELOPMENT QUESTION: FTL

Re: FT3 DEVELOPMENT QUESTION: FTL

From: Evyn MacDude <evyn.macdude@g...>
Date: Mon, 2 Nov 2015 20:12:22 -0800
Subject: Re: FT3 DEVELOPMENT QUESTION: FTL

On Mon, Nov 2, 2015 at 7:59 AM, Jon Tuffley <jon@gzg.com> wrote:

> On 2 Nov 2015, at 15:37, Douglas Evans <devans@nebraska.edu> wrote:
>

> Doug
>
> PS I’d REALLY like to discuss ‘there is a consensus that this is
just "not
> done" for the same reasons you don't bomb settled worlds into big
glass
> marbles….’ someday, but there’s new rules to be hashed!
>

> Well, my comment was specifically about Cherryh's Merchanter
universe….
> the big stations are simply too valuable to destroy (at least in wars
> between the human factions)…… most of the wars/disputes are more
about who
> "owns" the stations and can trade with them, rather than trying to
wipe out
> the enemy population. Of course, throw genocidal aliens (or indeed
> extremist human factions) into the mix and all bets are off - in fact
> Cherryh's model of human settlement would be horribly vulnerable to
any
> REAL enemy threat, and is thus quite difficult to game….

Have recently dug deep through Cherryh's Chanur/Merchanter Universe, it
is
mostly a Jump Point/line system. I have more than once though the
Concepts
and mapping conventions would make for a Interesting set of games.

--
Evyn

Prev: Re: FT3 DEVELOPMENT QUESTION: FTL Next: Re: FT3 DEVELOPMENT QUESTION: FTL