Prev: Re: Total war in space? Next: Re: FT3 DEVELOPMENT QUESTION: FTL

Re: FT3 DEVELOPMENT QUESTION: FTL

From: Samuel Penn <sam@g...>
Date: Mon, 02 Nov 2015 18:35:02 +0000
Subject: Re: FT3 DEVELOPMENT QUESTION: FTL

On Monday 02 Nov 2015 15:59:49 Jon Tuffley wrote:
> A long time ago (and I have no idea who originally came up with it) I
recall
> a very simple way of doing a version of "Warp Drive" in FT - once the
drive
> is engaged, the ship may not turn or manoeuvre at all, but it DOUBLES
its
> velocity each turn until it exits the table (so unless it starts off
going
> very slowly indeed, it will usually be off the table in a couple of
moves).

I did this for my Star Wars rules for Hyperspace (though the speed
quadrupled/quartered rather than doubled/halved). Not sure if this
is what you're thinking of:

http://www.glendale.org.uk/ft/starwars/index

--
Be seeing you,	      Games: http://www.glendale.org.uk/
Sam.		      Posts: http://www.google.com/+SamuelPenn

Prev: Re: Total war in space? Next: Re: FT3 DEVELOPMENT QUESTION: FTL