Prev: Re: FT3 DEVELOPMENT QUESTION: FTL Next: RE: FT3 DEVELOPMENT QUESTION: FTL

Re: FT3 DEVELOPMENT QUESTION: FTL

From: Roger Bell_West <roger@f...>
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2015 20:12:26 +0000
Subject: Re: FT3 DEVELOPMENT QUESTION: FTL

On Thu, Oct 29, 2015 at 04:00:27PM -0400, Damond Walker wrote:
>Speaking of core systems - has anyone thought about removing the
concept
>all together and just slapping those icons directly on the SSD in
essence
>treating them like anything else on the SSD?

If you were going to do that then I think it might be an idea to
genericise the "critical armour" that they get now. Now, most other
systems won't be allowed to have it (a beam batt or an FCS needs to
see out, so you can't put it in the middle of the ship; the answer to
battle damage is to have a spare one). But I can see e.g. a merchie
having an exposed bridge which gets damaged like normal ship systems
(because that lets them squeeze in one more container per voyage), or
a late-war UNSC ship having a deep-buried bridge that's really hard to
knock out, at huge mass penalty.

But this is definitely an optional rules module!

Prev: Re: FT3 DEVELOPMENT QUESTION: FTL Next: RE: FT3 DEVELOPMENT QUESTION: FTL