Prev: Re: FT3 DEVELOPMENT QUESTION: Movement system(s)? was: Re: [FT] Quiet in here, isn't it. Next: RE: FT3 DEVELOPMENT QUESTION: Movement system(s)? BUT RE: OFFICIAL - GZG latest update - new release news…..

Re: FT3 DEVELOPMENT QUESTION: Movement system(s)? was: Re: [FT] Quiet in here, isn't it.

From: Randy Wolfmeyer <rwwolfme@g...>
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2015 10:37:19 -0500
Subject: Re: FT3 DEVELOPMENT QUESTION: Movement system(s)? was: Re: [FT] Quiet in here, isn't it.

I think the best thing I like about Full Thrust is the customizability.
like having the option to try and play a more realistic battle with
vector
motion, gravity, etc. And others can play a more cinematic version that
looks more like Star Wars. Almost every other game is locked into
certain
setting restrictions that essentially makes it less adaptable. I like
that
Full Thrust essentially has a set of core rules (beam dice, damage,
system
diagrams, ship construction, etc.) but other things can be left up to
the
type of game that people want to play.

It also seems to hit the sweet spot between having enough crunch and
tactical options and still being playable in a decent amount of time
(provided you don't try to put into play every spaceship model you own).
I've seen others that are simpler - but they seem kind of bland because
there's not enough to work with to make the battles interesting - it
just
comes down to dice rolling. There are others that have a lot more
complexity - but you tend to get lost in the complexity and can only
play a
battle with at most 2 ships per side.