Prev: RE: New Full Thrust point defence rules Next: Re: New Full Thrust point defence rules

Re: New Full Thrust point defence rules

From: Damond Walker <damosan@g...>
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2015 17:21:35 -0400
Subject: Re: New Full Thrust point defence rules

For what it's worth...(and it isn't worth all that much)...I'd like to
add
the following:

1) I love these conversations.	Reading them over the last 10+ years has
shown me that the GZG Gaming Audience is an eclectic bunch.  For every
voice in the wilderness who says "I think I have a fix for X" you get a
few
"I'll have to try that." (which is high praise indeed) and then many
more
"I don't like this."  People keep trying.

2) Having only ever played FB games I never really had to deal with a
soap-bubble.  It always seemed very odd to me to spend so much time
going
back and forth over an edge case.

On Mon, Mar 23, 2015 at 9:51 AM, Douglas Evans <devans@nebraska.edu>
wrote:

> Thanks so much for the effort, Hugh!
>
> I will say, I think the direction is wrong, though. I still think the
> problem is not the archie rules, but rather the fighter rules.
>
> SML have never seemed to be the issue that fighters have, though I
> remember thinking they were until I got the whole 'speed is life' rule
> going. Heavies are closer to fighters, save for the whole 'one shot
and
> you're gone' concept.
>
> I've never hid my distaste of fighters in the game. There are a few
> convenience aspects of fighters that handwavium them to great heights.
They