Prev: Re: Crusty Ship Codenames Next: Re: Crusty Ship Codenames

Re: Crusty Ship Codenames

From: Star Ranger <dean@s...>
Date: Sat, 20 Dec 2014 20:29:44 -0600
Subject: Re: Crusty Ship Codenames

I'd encourage the list to suggest some names, it might get some traffic
going here again.

Current Named Crusty ships:
Crusty Attack Craft (Corvette-sized), K'Knn'TK class (UNSC codename
"CATFISH")
Crusty LIGHT CRUISER, Sss'Ka'Tk'Tk class (UNSC codename "CRAKE")
Crusty HEAVY CRUISER, Tk'ch'ch'Ksss class (UNSC codename "CUTLASS")
Crusty HEAVY BATTLESHIP Vk'ca'tk'Knn class (UNSC codename "CROWBAR")

Crusty ships that need names:
Frigate
Standard Destroyer
Heavy Destroyer
Strike Cruiser
Battle Cruiser
Dreadnought
Light Carrier

So suggests some names and codenames and if they fit a specific ship.
After we have a good selection we can narrow them down and Jon can
decide on an 'Official' set.

Here are a few codename suggestions
FF -  Cactus
DD - Coyote
DH - Cougar
CS - Crossbow
BC - Comet
DN - Castle
CVL - Cyclone

Dean Gundberg
   dean@star-ranger.com

On 12/20/2014 6:20 PM, Ground Zero Games wrote:
>>   >Jon,
>
> Sorry all, didn't notice that this was via the list rather than a
> direct email, hence my personal reply directed to Dean - however
> (thankfully!) it doesn't have anything in it that I'm not happy with
> the list at large reading, so feel free to suggest contributions!  ;-)
>
> Jon (GZG)
>

>> Hi Dean,
>>
>>> The last 4 Crusty Starships released have class names (can I buy a
>>> vowel?) and UNSC Codenames in the online store.  The minis released
>>> before that just have class sizes.
>>
>> Yes, when I released the last four classes I had a little bit of time
>> to think about the background for them, so decided that they really
>> needed names - the Crusties' speech is meant to be virtually
>> unpronounceable to humans, because it's a complex series of clicks,
>> whistles and hisses from their very insectoid mouthparts - the
>> transcribed "real" ship names are the closest that human vocals can
>> get to them, and even so they'd probably be very hard for a Crusty to
>> understand... hence the need for human codenames, as we did with the
>> K'V, the S'V and the Phalons.
>>
>> I had meant to go back and name the rest of the fleet, but like with
>> so many things it kind of got lost in the demands of other stuff that
>> is higher up the priority list.....
>>
>> So the short answer is no, I don't have any yet.... I can try to find
>> a few spare minutes to give it some thought, OR you're very welcome
>> to see what you can come up with yourself - if you do, maybe you'd
>> run the ideas past me, and between us we can narrow down an
>> "official" set!
>>
>> All the best,
>>
>> Jon (GZG)
>>
>>> Do you have class names and codename for the rest of the minis, or
could
>>> you check your sources in the GZGverse future to see what they are?
>>> I would like to include them in the updated Full Thrust Fleet
Resource