Prev: Crusty Ship Codenames Next: Re: Crusty Ship Codenames

Re: Crusty Ship Codenames

From: Ground Zero Games <jon@g...>
Date: Sun, 21 Dec 2014 00:14:58 +0000
Subject: Re: Crusty Ship Codenames

>Jon,

Hi Dean,

>The last 4 Crusty Starships released have class names (can I buy a
>vowel?) and UNSC Codenames in the online store.  The minis released
>before that just have class sizes.

Yes, when I released the last four classes I had a little bit of time
to think about the background for them, so decided that they really
needed names - the Crusties' speech is meant to be virtually
unpronounceable to humans, because it's a complex series of clicks,
whistles and hisses from their very insectoid mouthparts - the
transcribed "real" ship names are the closest that human vocals can
get to them, and even so they'd probably be very hard for a Crusty to
understand... hence the need for human codenames, as we did with the
K'V, the S'V and the Phalons.

I had meant to go back and name the rest of the fleet, but like with
so many things it kind of got lost in the demands of other stuff that
is higher up the priority list.....

So the short answer is no, I don't have any yet.... I can try to find
a few spare minutes to give it some thought, OR you're very welcome
to see what you can come up with yourself - if you do, maybe you'd
run the ideas past me, and between us we can narrow down an
"official" set!

All the best,

Jon (GZG)