Prev: Re: SG:AC discussions (was: Official - More re GZG news update - NEW RELEASES!) Next: Re: SG:AC discussions (was: Official - More re GZG news update - NEW RELEASES!)

Interest in re-vitalizing the UFTWWWP?

From: Mark Siefert <siefertma@w...>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2014 22:41:56 -0500
Subject: Interest in re-vitalizing the UFTWWWP?

Hey all:

No, I didn't die. I didn't join an apocalyptic cult that worships mutant

avocados from Dimension X. Life just took me off in directions that I
didn't think I'd ever be going and I drifted away from FT, my website,
and a lot of things.  I've gotten older, (unfortunately) fatter, a
little more grouchy, a lot more liberal, and just generally different.
That said, I'm still a gamer to the end, and I recently my interests are

being pulled back to the rules that got me into the wargaming hobby.
With that in mind, I also want to see about trying to resurrect the
UFTWWWP.

Trying to use the original site is problematic. For starters, it's been
so long since I logged onto that server that I can't remember my FTP
password. I have tried everything I can't recall but I can't get into my

old account. Contacting the person who ran it results in Mail Delivery
Failure messages. Of course, all is not lost. All I have to do is just
download everything (maybe reformat some stuff along the way) and plug
it into a new page. However before I invest the time, money, and effort
into such an undertaking, a few questions:

1. I'd want to set it up with a dedicated domain name. UFTWWWP.net is
open, so I shouldn't have any problems with that. Any recommendations
who I should register with? I've heard baaaaaad things about dealing
with goDaddy.com.

2. It's been ages since I've done much in the way of .HTML coding and I
know that WYSIWYG webpage editors are a thing of the past. We're in the
day and age of CMS. Does anyone have any suggestions for a good one that

will suit an hobbyist like myself?

3. Would it be worth it? FT is dead in my neck of the woods and I have
never been able to generate any interest in Fleet Book-style play.  I'm
now an impoverished office drudge, I don't have the money to go to any
of the major Cons anymore. Therefore, I don't know if there is that much

interest anymore. What do you folks think? Has the UFTWWWP outlived it's

usefulness, would I be playing to an empty room, or is there still some
love left out there?

Let me know please.

Cordially,
Mark A. Siefert