Prev: Re: FT: Squadron Question Next: RE: gzg-d Digest V2013 #12

Re: gzg-d Digest V2013 #12

From: John Atkinson <johnmatkinson@g...>
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2013 19:06:37 -0600
Subject: Re: gzg-d Digest V2013 #12

The mass of the fighter bay is not merely the launch doors, but the
fuel, ordnance, support crew, etc. necessary to maintain, arm, launch
and recover the fighters.  If he needs a "common sense" reason other
than "stop trying to be a cheezy bastard".

John

<roger@firedrake. ]

> Administrivia:
> Administrivia:
> archives at http://lists.firedrake.org/gzg/
> in case of problems, contact listmaster@firedrake.org
>
> Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2013 18:54:18 -0500 (EST)
> From: Doc <docagren@aol.com>
> To: gzg@firedrake.org
> Subject: FT: Squadron Question
>
> textfilter: chose text/plain from a multipart/alternative
>

> 1 of our group, wants to build a carrier with, only 3 launch bays, but
put 1 to 2 extra squadron in per bay at Mass 6, and use them like
"Missile launcher bay" and rotate them up, so they can launch and be
recovered at 1 squadron per launch bay pre turn.

> What are we missing, or is there something else.
>

> Thanks
>
> Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2013 00:02:10 +0000
> From: Roger Burton West <roger@firedrake.org>
> To: gzg@firedrake.org
> Subject: Re: FT: Squadron Question
>
> On Fri, Feb 15, 2013 at 06:54:18PM -0500, Doc wrote:
>>1 of our group, wants to build a carrier with, only 3 launch bays, but
put 1 to 2 extra squadron in per bay at Mass 6, and use them like
"Missile launcher bay" and rotate them up, so they can launch and be
recovered at 1 squadron per launch bay pre turn.

> Not possible under the standard rules. A fighter squadron needs a
> fighter bay in order to be deployed in combat.

--Vita Aureliani

Prev: Re: FT: Squadron Question Next: RE: gzg-d Digest V2013 #12