Prev: Re: GZG "Grav" Van - Fan Van conversion Build-Up Next: Re: GZG "Grav" Van - Fan Van conversion Build-Up

Re: GZG "Grav" Van - Fan Van conversion Build-Up

From: Ground Zero Games <jon@g...>
Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2012 22:20:52 +0000
Subject: Re: GZG "Grav" Van - Fan Van conversion Build-Up

>Ground Zero Games wrote:
>>  Great job, Harold, a very nice conversion.... the big question is,
>>  would anyone like to see something like this produced as an actual
>>  production variant to the fan-lifter version?
>
>With slightly bigger grav plates this would be a nice addition to your
>range.
>
>The tricky question is : mid-size plates with the same mounting as the
>current grav plates (to make thinsg consistent with the rest of your
>range) and an extra coupling bit?
>Or mid-size plates specifically for the fanvan?
>
>Frits

I can do both quite easily - first the one with the "standard" type
mounting ("male" peg), then after casting that I can modify the
master to make one with the correct angle of "female" socket to suit
the grav van. Actually, having them mounting on the pegs on the van
chassis will allow them to be modelled slightly swivelled backward
for "thrust", if you like to think of the repulsion field working
perpendicular to the plate..... (we're getting into the field of
handwavium science here, so we can just do whatever looks coolest on
the model!).

Jon (GZG)