Prev: RE: [FT] Yet another question about fighters... Next: D8 Galactic Derelict rules from ECC XV

RE: [FT] Yet another question about fighters...

From: Ground Zero Games <jon@g...>
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2012 17:42:23 +0100
Subject: RE: [FT] Yet another question about fighters...

>My impression was while 'pointing the right way', they couldn't pour
>on the thrust.

I think you're right, Doug - yes, the Starfuries maneuvered
"properly" with attitude control jets, and could indeed "fly
backwards" to shoot at pursuers - but their main drives were
definitely rearward-facing only - spinning to fire lost you valuable
acceleration time if you were trying to escape......

Jon (GZG)

>While their pursuers WERE. The whole time. Including while the
>persuees were stopping thrust to take snap shots.
>
>Better example would be large fighters with 360 turrets. You want
>rules THAT fiddly, go ahead.
>
>Thanks, Jon! I'll cogitate a bit to see if I have any counters of my
>own to be shot down, then post it to the Yahoo! group.
>
>Doug

NOT