Prev: Video of GZG items at Salute. Next: GZG news: UPDATE - THE SALUTE NEW RELEASES UP ON STORE!

Miniatures painting and terrain manufacture

From: Tom B <kaladorn@g...>
Date: Sat, 28 Apr 2012 17:01:14 -0400
Subject: Miniatures painting and terrain manufacture

Lads and Lassies,

Please pardon this post if it conflicts with our usage guidelines. It
will
be a one off and I thought it was fair game given the number of figures
and
terrain items that Kevin has painted for me that have appeared in GZG
ECC
events over the years... and it is sort of complimentary to Jon's
business
(until the day he starts providing an affiliated painting service).

My friend Kevin Fox, who has won a fair few prizes at ECCs past for
miniatures painting, and who contributed wonderful scenery for me to run
the desert Stargate game from the second-last ECC (notable for Indy's
heroic self sacrifice at the end) and who has painted at least 1000
miniatures for me (more likely a lot more than that), has finally
relented
to my incessant wheedling and has decided to advertise his services to
others.

He loves to build terrain, to paint miniatures, and I figured he might
as
well be getting paid by someone other than just me. It probably means
the
end of being first in his painting queue, but so it goes... :)

Many of us buy Jon's lovely figs (or others) and our desire to paint
them
is tempered by real life commitments or by the reality of personal
ability
(in my case, limited ability!).

So, if you happen to be in this sort of situation and want to get some
paint on your minis, or need some particular terrain piece built, look
up
my friend Kevin Fox at his new web niche....

http://foxholedesign.com/

Pertinent info: He's located in Kingston, Ontario, Canada. That may make
this sort of thing most useful to Canadians and USAians rather than
Antipodeans or those from Britannia or Old Europe.

Kevin has cast a few 15mm and 25-28mm buildings that may be of interest
as
well.

Thanks for your attention. If our list-mom requires my apologize in the
traditional way, I will have the finger in the mail shortly (the Xacto
is a
bit messier than the tanto).

--
Solitudinem fecerunt, pacem appelunt
-- Publius Cornelius Tacitus (from the book Agricola, attributed to a

Humans are the stupidest people I know.
-- LHI Chef

Prev: Video of GZG items at Salute. Next: GZG news: UPDATE - THE SALUTE NEW RELEASES UP ON STORE!