Prev: Re: Core hits and striking the colours (LONG!) Next: Re: GZG ECC XV - The Movie

Re: GZG ECC XV - The Movie

From: Indy <indy.kochte@g...>
Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2012 08:21:58 -0500
Subject: Re: GZG ECC XV - The Movie

On Tue, Mar 6, 2012 at 10:17 PM, Allan Goodall <awgoodall@gmail.com>
wrote:

> textfilter: chose text/plain from a multipart/alternative
>
> On Tue, Mar 6, 2012 at 3:01 PM, Indy <indy.kochte@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > After a week and a bit I finally assembled the GZG ECC XV: The Movie
> video.
> >

> Very cool!
>
> And even without a single piece of dialog, it was *still* better acted
than
> *Act of Valor*. :-)
>
> If I may offer a suggestion for next year, it would be helpful to
include
> the names of the participants, either as subtitles or in a "rogue's
> gallery" sequence at the end, or something.

I thought about a listing of names of those who show up in the vid, but
that was a whole 'nother level of added work that I didn't have time
for,
and I embarassingly have to say I *still* don't know everyone's name (or
full name) at the con.	:-/

As for next year...I don't know if I'll do it again. I'd like to,
but...it's a huge amount of work and effort (in transporting, setting
up,
executing, and in post), and people kept photo-bombing the time-lapse
sequences (well, those with the dolly, anyway). Editing all that out
(which
ended up totally ruining three sequences) made it completely not fun or
worth the effort for me. As I noted in my AAR, once is funny, 20 or 30
not
so much.

Mk

Prev: Re: Core hits and striking the colours (LONG!) Next: Re: GZG ECC XV - The Movie