Prev: Re: GEOHEX Terrain Next: Re: GEOHEX Terrain

Re: GEOHEX Terrain

From: J L Hilal <jlhilal@y...>
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2012 03:50:25 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: GEOHEX Terrain

--- On Tue, 3/6/12, Tom B <kaladorn@gmail.com> wrote:

> From: Tom B <kaladorn@gmail.com>
> Subject: Re: GEOHEX Terrain
> To: gzg@firedrake.org
> Date: Tuesday, March 6, 2012, 1:36 AM
> Nice job, J.L.

Thanks :)

> I did find the 'island in the moat' pieces a bit hilarious.... clearly
> landscaped rather than natural terrain.... :0)

It does look a little silly, but I was trying to show how the pieces are
cut from a whole hex

> Is it a camera/lighting trick or is the green of your hexes a bit
> different than your grassmat's green? It looks a bit more 'billiard
> table green' than 'grass green' to me.

There are two pictures of the canyon pieces all stacked up that are
labeled "no flash" that show the colors just in sunlight.  That being
said, there is variation in the factory geohex pieces.	I can tell which
set one of my pieces came from based on color.	Some sets are more
green, or more yellowish, or more or less saturated.  I don't know if
this is due to differences in the flock, in the underlying paint (or
felt in the case of the mat), or if they fade with age.  There is less
variation between the desert sets.

In some of the photos, there appears to be large spots or blotches in
the green flock.  This isn't visible in person.

Prev: Re: GEOHEX Terrain Next: Re: GEOHEX Terrain