Prev: Re: Question to all, re Mecha kits... Next: Re: Question to all, re Mecha kits...

Re: Question to all, re Mecha kits...

From: Evyn MacDude <infojunky@c...>
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2012 02:42:46 -0800
Subject: Re: Question to all, re Mecha kits...

On Mon, Mar 5, 2012 at 01:30, Ground Zero Games <jon@gzg.com> wrote:

> >textfilter: chose text/plain from a multipart/alternative
> >
> >Right off the bat, Size? For me, anything over 2 inches tall is
pretty
> much
> >a collecter's item not a gaming piece, and as such I skip right over.
The
> >New Gruntz Mech is too tall, for example.
>

> Well, I'm looking at something at the top end of your "acceptable"
> range, but not too huge - maybe 2.5" to 3" overall height, but quite
> "stocky" and bulky in design - wide, squat and powerful.

Jon you might want to consider this, larger upright figures tend to get
knocked over more often than shorter ones. So a more robust construction
(meaning fewer parts with really good glue points) would save the
purchasers a lot of greif on the table. A local group does 28mm
Battletech/Robotech and the bigger models take the heaviest beating.

Just as a consideration, the current GW Space Marine Dreadnought, it is
hair over 2 inches tall, and on it's current base is very stable on the
table. (If they weren't so bleeding expensive I would have a
couple, instead of kiping the boys for a proxy)

> >On Sat, Mar 3, 2012 at 09:42, Ground Zero Games <jon@gzg.com> wrote:
> >
> >>  A quick hypothetical question to all out there in list-land -
> >>  especially those of you who like Mecha-style units with your
ground
> >>  forces....
> >>

> >Votoms and Landmates yes. Gundam, no. Anything over 5 scale meters
tall,
> >might as well paint a target on it.
>

> Definitely a strong Votoms style flavour to it, would scale as a
> Votoms-size unit if used for 25/28mm, or slightly bigger when used
> with 15mm. This is a "Walking Main Battle Tank" type of unit,
> bristling with various (customisable) weapons both body-mount and
> hand-carried.

Ah, see most of the time when I see Mecha in my head, I see them as
Heavy/Extra-Heavy infantry that can keep up with MBTs and other
AFVs/APCs/IFVs.....
--
Evyn

Prev: Re: Question to all, re Mecha kits... Next: Re: Question to all, re Mecha kits...