Prev: Re: Question to all, re Mecha kits... Next: Re: Core systems and other stuff

Re: Question to all, re Mecha kits...

From: "gitta-chris@t..." <gitta-chris@t-online.de>
Date: Sat, 03 Mar 2012 20:32:23 +0100
Subject: Re: Question to all, re Mecha kits...

I'd love to see some 15mm Mechs! Poseability would be nice, but I
agree with Martin that it's better not to have too many parts.
Breaking up the legs into upper, lower and foot parts would allow for
the gretest variety in poses but can be tricky to build.  I remember
some 6mm Mechs that had ball joints for arms and legs with fitting
sockets,I always thought this was a great way of doing it. You could
still pose the arms and legs but assembly was easy as you had
relatively large areas of cotact. I would opt for easy to build models
with fewer parts. Maybe you could have different legs and arms for
posing.

	No matter which way you chose to do it, I'll buy at least one
;-)

	Christian Weinhold

	MECHworld

	  Von: Ground Zero Games <jon@gzg.com>
 An: gzg@firedrake.org
 Betreff: Re: Question to all, re Mecha kits...
 Datum: Sat, 03 Mar 2012 19:34:52 +0100

 >I would fall in the middle. I want a unit of mecha (let's say 10 max
for the
 >sake of arguement) to have a good variety of poses. I also want a
limited
 >number of parts, let's say 10 parts as well. 40 parts will be too
time
 >consuming to use more than one or two in a game.
 >
 >I do not care about looking like someone elses figure, I care about
a hi
 >level of duplication on the table.
 >
 >And your right, I'll look at a 40 part kit and it will probably keep
going
 >back into the "to do" bin. Someone mentions 40 parts, and I start
thinking
 >modeling rather than a figure for gaming. I would start to treat it
like a
 >shelf model and it that would take me weeks to build.
 >
 >That's me anyway.
 >
 >Regards,
 >martin

 Thanks Martin - as I explained in answer to Eli's first post, I
 realised I'd forgotten to mention size - this is a BIG model we're
 talking about, if anyone would buy and build more than two or three
 at most, I'd be surprised (but very pleased!).

 Jon (GZG)

Links:
------
[1] javascript:void(0)
[2] javascript:void(0)

Prev: Re: Question to all, re Mecha kits... Next: Re: Core systems and other stuff