Prev: Re: FT games at GZG ECC? Next: Re: GEOHEX Terrain

FT scenarios at ECC

From: Tom B <kaladorn@g...>
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2012 05:53:56 -0500
Subject: FT scenarios at ECC

Time Line (GM Vince Johnston)
Battle of Cormorant Moon (Star Trek themed FT, GM: Jon Davis, described
in
the AAR I posted)
Full Speed: War at Sea (not so space-ish, GM: Scott Bishop)
Full Impulse: Macrotures (full thrust variant, GM: Scott bishop)
The Coming of Shadows (EFSB which has roots in FT, GM: Aaron Newman)
High Value Target (Stargate themed FT, GM: Tom B (me), described in the
AAR
I posted)
Super Mega Hyper Mecha Smackdown (Full Thrust variant, GM: Martin
Connell)
The Gauntlet (Full Thrust, Star Wars themed, GM: Carl Scheu)

Little blurbs exist for most of these on the ECC website. AARs I suppose
may get posted by those who ran or played in them.

If anyone is interested in my Stargate FT-variant designs, rules and
SSDs,
I can make them available if you drop me an email.

Tom

PS: Bonus points for Damond for correctly identifying the Kaufman
Manouver.
It could beat formations 2x - 3x its point value because it could fire
proximity torpedos in large salvos every 2nd round and they had good hit
numbers from 13-30 hexes range and a decent damage while the Federation
ships could still move about 12-16 hexes backward while powering
shields.
The enemy couldn't close enough range most times to bring their guns
into
good damage dealing range because they'd get smashed up in the attempt.

PPS: Captain Kosnett of the Kongo was the favourite fiction source in
Captain's Log and appeared in scenarios. he may eventually have been
Commodore or Admiral Kosnett. Even more trivial, the Kongo was in Jon
D's
friday night battle, so naturally I named the captain Kosnett (he was
the
one sleeping with all of his bridge crew and the engineering department
as
the turns went on, taking a page from Admiral James"Himbo" Kirk).

--
Only solitary men know the full joys of friendship. Others have their
family; but to a solitary and an exile, his friends are everything.*

Prev: Re: FT games at GZG ECC? Next: Re: GEOHEX Terrain