Prev: [CON] GZG ECC XV Convention store available Next: Re: Our choice of factions and model

Our choice of factions and model

From: "enzodeianni@t..." <enzodeianni@tiscali.it>
Date: Fri, 3 Feb 2012 19:05:08 +0100 (CET)
Subject: Our choice of factions and model

As somebody pointed out, navy ships look all the same...

The look of
FT starships is (rightly) quite varied, instead... Jon pointed to the
commercial aspect, we could even add that space should be a less
constricting medium than water (unless you want to land and need an
aerodinamic profile) so could permit some aesthetic fredom (but really
I am not good enough to elaborate on that).

I simply say that I choose
the ships exclusively for their look, and that's it :)

If we talk
about weapon systems and/or propulsion, any difference could only come
from doctrine, as written before, as the canonic powers have been
living in the same context for so many years that any breakthrough
(diffused enough to equip a large part of a fleet) would probalby have
spilled over, earlier or later (the only chance would be something so
revolutionary that some powers would be unable to understand it and
replicate it, even at a lower efficiency level), so, ok, in games ships
could be very similar, after all.

A different thing is the
introduction of alien (or anyway extra-Solar) civilization: they could
have persecuted different thought trains and developed very different
systems (in fact, the KraVak brought their own weapons to the party,
and I appreciate this choice). That's where I see the better place for
differences.

As they say, my 2

Best wishes

Enzo

E' nata indoona: chiama, videochiama e messaggia Gratis. Scarica indoona
per iPhone, Android e PC: http://www.indoona.com/

Prev: [CON] GZG ECC XV Convention store available Next: Re: Our choice of factions and model