Prev: Re: [FT] Reopening the fighter balance can of worms Next: Re: [FT] Reopening the fighter balance can of worms

Re: [FT] Reopening the fighter balance can of worms

From: Star Ranger <dean@s...>
Date: Fri, 03 Feb 2012 07:42:05 -0600
Subject: Re: [FT] Reopening the fighter balance can of worms

On 2/2/2012 11:12 PM, Allan Goodall wrote:
> If I remember correctly, the primary "fix" was a two-phased approach
where
> ship-to-ship weapons could fire at fighters with a reduced capacity,
and
> PDS could fire at ships with a reduced capacity.
>
> Could someone summarize those aspects of the rules?
>
> Are they sufficient to add to regular FT 2.5 on their own, or is it
not
> worth adding them without adding **insert other rules fixes here**.
>
> Are there mass/point adjustments necessary beyond just the rules
change? If
> so, does that just result in a point/mass change death spiral so
thorough
> that we'd just be better off building FB sized fleets with no more
than 6
> fighters per fleet until the publication of FT3 or the apocalypse,
> whichever comes first?

I think you are referring to the Beta Fighter Rules which can be found
here:
http://lists.firedrake.org/gzg/200403/msg00286.html

I don' think any point changes are involved.   I like them and have used

them since they were originally posted including fighter heavy
convention games and they work for me.

--
Dean Gundberg

Starship Combat News
The latest information on Space Games and Miniatures
http://www.star-ranger.com
dean@star-ranger.com

Prev: Re: [FT] Reopening the fighter balance can of worms Next: Re: [FT] Reopening the fighter balance can of worms