Prev: Re: Our choice of factions and models for games Next: Re: Our choice of factions and models for games

Re: Our choice of factions and models for games

From: Doug Evans <devans@n...>
Date: Thu, 2 Feb 2012 07:41:33 -0600
Subject: Re: Our choice of factions and models for games

I find I have to suggest a bit of tempering of this attitude.

I'm not that familiar with FA, but I think these are ships of different
species, and there could well be different physical and historical
(cultural?) needs involved.

Also, at times of great change navies didn't even look like themselves,
in
parts, as  various technologies and doctrines are tried and discarded.
New
technological advances seem to increase variety, if anything.

Finally, very different tech structures meeting, say the southeast
island
war canoes facing early European explorers, would look vastly different,
and not necessarily in a lopsided advantage, under the right
circumstances.

Personally, I find the current sculpting of GZG different by factions,
and
yet more homogenous then the old designs. I write it off to maturing,
and
dovetailing of experiences. Which can be quite shaken by new
developments...

Doug